Personality Development Training Programme
Foundation Training Programme for Scientists and Technologists
Eight week Foundation Training Programme for scientific personnel of Government of India on the areas of administration, management, governance and finance.
Eligibility Criteria Scientists and Technologists of Government Scientific Institutions
The Programme would enable the participants to:
- Appreciate the symbiotic relationship between Science, Technology, Development and Society and understand Science and Technology Policy with a social perspective.
- Understand the Legal and Administrative Framework pertaining to S&T and examine the nature of relationship between the State, Civil Society and Market and their roles in shaping the development of Science and Technology in the emerging Policy scenario.
- Acquire necessary Behavioral and Communication skills for enhancing decision making and problem solving capacity and overcoming difficult situations in work place through effective management of Time, Stress and Conflict situations.
- Appreciate the contemporary challenges confronting scientists and administrators in handling issues concerning Environment climate change Disaster Risk Reduction and Sustainable Development.
- Comprehend administrative rules and procedures required for dealing with related Ministries, Departments and Organizations more effectively.
- Apply some of the good practices used in other organizations in implementation of S&T Policy.
- Prepare S&T projects for funding by the concerned departments and Acquire Skills for Appraisal, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Assessment of Science and Technology Projects.
- Apply the basic concepts of Financial Management and Budgetary Control.
- Apply ICT-enabled Processes of Governance for improving public service delivery systems, Information Security, IPR/Copyright and Ethical issues.
- Evaluate the role of Science, Technology and Innovation in Urban and Rural Development.
The Focus of the Programme would be on the following Modules:
- Science, Technology and Society: The Symbiotic Relationship
- Indian Legal, Political and Administrative System
- Human Resource Management
- Scientific Research and Project Management
- Economics and Financial Management
- Rural and Urban Development in India Smart Cities Smart Villages
- Office Management
- Contemporary Issues SDGs
Training Programme on Financial Management in Scientific Organizations
Financial awareness has a significant impact on effective decision making in an organization. This program provides a working knowledge of the basic principles of financial management. Non Finance executives can strengthen their day to day functioning by becoming conversant with the fundamentals of finance. Participants will learn to interpret financial information and understand the financial implications of their decisions.
- Enhance their role as a decision maker and understand the implications of finance on departmental activities.
- Understand budgetary process and nuances related preparation of budget.
- Enhance the ability to identify areas for cost reduction and management.
- Understand various tools for financial planning, program evaluation, performance evaluation and control.
- Help them understand and interpret financial statements
- Understanding Finance and Financial Terms
- General Financial Rules, 2017
- Budgeting Process
- Appropriation and Re-Appropriation of funds
- Tools and techniques for short term and long term financial planning
- Understanding financial statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement
- Analysis of Financial Statements for Decision Making
Capacity Building programme for Technical Personnel
Capacity building programme for technical personnel of scientific institutions in the areas of office rules & regulations, finance, administration, human resources etc.
The programme seeks to:
- Enhance the understanding of administrative and financial rules and procedures
- Provide an exposure to management related issues, problems and solutions
- Enable cross learning in contemporary issues such as Environment, Climate Change and Disaster Management and team work through preparation of group reports and presentations
- Relevance of Science & Technology for Society
- Establishment Rules
- Office Management & Noting Drafting
- Conduct Rules
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Preparing Cabinet Notes
- General Financial Rules
- Contract Management in Government
- Audit in Scientific Institutions
- RTI & Its Implementation
- Delegation of Financial Powers & e-procurement
- Emerging Trends in Governance
- Communications and Leadership Skills
- Project Management in Scientific Institutions
- Accounting as a Means of Information in Scientific Organisations
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Gender Issues and Concerns
- Consumer Protection: Education & Awareness
- Total Quality Management
- Government Report Writing
- Science and Technology: Contemporary issues viz. Environment management , Climate and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Group Report Preparation and Presentations
Training Programme on Science, Technology and Emerging Trends in Governance
One week training programme on the interface of developments in science & technology with governance and administration.
The programme has been structured and specially devised keeping in mind the needs and requirements of Scientists and Technologists as per the latest sweeping changes in recent times. It aims to provide an in-depth analysis of the complex process of governance, involvement of various institutions and the civil society. The participants can comprehend the various issues and challenges of good governance which will enable them to strategize their role in ensuring good governance.
In brief, the objectives are to facilitate the participants to:
- Get a comprehensive understanding of the concept of governance and its importance in contemporary times, especially in the background of Reforms in various sectors.
- Comprehend the complex process of interface of science and technology and governance.
- Acquire necessary skills for facing the challenges posed by sweeping changes in governance.
- Appreciate the process of making governance citizen centric in recent years like “less government, more governance”.
- Envision the role of scientists and technologists in strengthening governance and democratic fibre of the country.
- The concept of ‘Governance’: Tracking its evolution & contemporary positions
- Emerging trends in governance: Citizen-centric administration, governance and the changing dynamics of interface between them, “less Government, moreGovernance”
- Social Capital, Trust and Participative public service delivery
- Promoting science Diplomacy, Research and Development and Innovation etc.
- Few best practices: Detailed analysis of various initiatives, and others where science and technology has played a key role in improving governance.
Training Programme on Science and Technology for Rural Societies for Women Scientists & Technologists, (under Disha Scheme)
One week training programme of women scientific personnel in the areas of development and enhancement of science & technology in rural societies.The program will expose the participants to the innovative interventions in the area of S&T, initiated by both state and civil society institutions. The intention is to engage them into creative exercises to think of new possibilities for rural development using science and technology.
In view of the above, the broad objectives of this training are:
- To expose the participants to the complex problems facing rural societies.
- To expose the participants to the existing Rural Development programmes, including those with special emphasis on S & T.
- To encourage the participants to analyse the scope for science and technology inputs contributing to improvement of development outcomes.
- To expose the participants to the indigenous knowledge systems prevalent in various parts of India and its relevance for rural society, as also, to encourage them to find grounds for an interface of modern and traditional systems for improving the outcomes.
- To examine possibilities of applications of S & T to improve development outcomes for the rural societies.
- Rural Society: An Overview of its socio-cultural and eco-system diversity
- Policy Framework for Rural Development and scope for engagement with Science and Technology
- Emerging trends in Science and Technology relevant for rural India
- Indigenous knowledge systems prevalent in various parts of rural societies of India
- Case studies: emphasizing science and technology innovation for RuralDevelopment
- Challenges and Opportunities of interface of science, technology and rural societies