Useful Resources for Library and Information Professionals in India
I am providing here information
and links to a few key resources of interest to the library and information
professionals in India. Objective is to facilitate professional communication
and development. If you wish to suggest any additions to this page.
Free E-Journals/ Newsletters:
- D-Lib Magazine (http://www.dlib.org/) - D-Lib Magazine
is a monthly magazine about innovation and research in digital libraries.
- Journal of Digital Information (http://jodi.ecs.soton.ac.uk/)
- E-journal publishing papers on the management, presentation and uses
of information in digital environments
- Information Research: An international electronic journal
- Information Research is a free, international, scholarly journal,
dedicated to making freely accessible the results of research across
a wide range of information-related disciplines.
- Journal of Electronic Publishing. (http://www.press.umich.edu/jep)
- The Journal of Electronic Publishing is for the thoughtful forward-thinking
publisher, librarian, scholar, or author -- in fact, anyone in this
new business -- facing those challenges.
- Current Cites (http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/CurrentCites/)
- monitors information technology literature in both print and digital
forms, each month selecting only the best items to annotate for a free
- Ariadne (http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/)
- The Ariadne newsletter is aimed at working librarians in academic
libraries in the UK.
- First Monday (http://www.firstmonday.dk/)
- One of the first peer-reviewed journals on the Internet, about the
Internet and the Global Information Infrastructure.
- Free Online
Scholarship Newsletter (http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/index.htm)
- The purpose of the newsletter is to share news and discussion on the
migration of print scholarship to the internet and efforts to make it
available to readers free of charge.
- Free Pint
Free Pint is a free email newsletter giving you tips, tricks and articles
on how and where to find reliable Web sites and search more effectively.
- Information Today and Tomorrow (ITT) (http://itt.nissat.tripod.com/)
- Quarterly newsletter from NISSAT.
libraries - a column in Library
Journal by Roy Tennant, Manager, eScholarship Web & Services
Design, California Digital Library
- Bibliozine - the e-magazine for librarians. (http://www.bibliozine.com/index.shtml)
- RLG DigiNews. Produced for RLG by the Cornell University Libraries
Department of Preservation and Conservation, RLG DigiNews is a bimonthly
Web-based newsletter focused on issues of vital interest to managers
of digital initiatives. (http://www.rlg.org/preserv/diginews/)
- Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship (http://www.library.ucsb.edu/istl/)
- A quarterly publication of the Science and Technology Section, Association
of College and Research Libraries, USA.
- ITPapers.com (http://www.itpapers.com/)
- Yellow pages of white papers. Covers several categoires, including
- Australian Academic & Research Libraries (http://www.alia.org.au/sections/ucrls/aarl/)
- Quarterly journal devoted to all aspects of librarianship in university
and college libraries.
- THE INFORMED LIBRARIAN ONLINE (http://www.infosourcespub.com/)
THE INFORMED LIBRARIAN is a monthly compilation of the most recent tables
of contents from over 180 valuable domestic and foreign library and
information-related journals, e-journals, magazines,e-magazines, newsletters
- Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
- Information Today (http://www.infotoday.com/it/itnew.htm)
Information industry news services for the information professional.
- LIBRES - Library and Information Science Research Electronic Journal
- Journal of Information, Law and Technology (http://elj.warwick.ac.uk/jilt/).
For other free/
partially free e-journals and newsletters in the information field, consult
the list maintained by Prof. Tom Wilson at InformationR.Net
Indian discussion forums, list services
L&I websites and portals:
Licensing, IPR, Consortia: