Sachin Chowdhry: Associate Professor
Phone Number : 011-23468379, 9868619162 (M)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Qualifications : M.P.A., M.Phil. Ph.D.
- Direct Trainer’s Skill (DTS)
Awards & Honours
- Merit Scholarship, based on High School U. P. Board exam performance
Areas of Interest/Specialization
- Governance Issues, Public Policy Analysis and Institutional Development
- Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, since August 2005.
- Short Term Consultant in Water and Sanitation Programme, World Bank, September 2004 – April 2005
- Research Coordinator in Infrastructure Professionals Enterprise (P) Ltd., June 2004 – August 2004
- Consultant in Twelfth Finance Commission, Government of India, March 2004 – May 2004
- Research Officer in the Indian Institute of Public Administration on several Reserch Projects between 2000 to 2004
Selected Research Projects
- Adoption of Tribal Sub-Plan Approach in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh for Ministry of Tribal Affairs, GOI at IIPA, New Delhi.
- Ward Works / Ward Vision of Janaagraha in Bangalore for Water and Sanitation Programme, Work Bank.
- CUTS-FES Model in Rajasthan for Water and Sanitation Programme, World Bank.
- Institute of Development Studies, Sussex project on citizen’s participation in resource mobilization allocation and monitoring for Infrastructure Professionals Enterprise (P) Ltd., New Delhi.
- Finding ‘Cost of provision for Sewerage, Wastewater Treatment and Drainage’ for the Twelfth Finance Commission, Government of India at Infrastructure Professionals Enterprise (P) Ltd., New Delhi.
As Study Team Member
- Concurrent Evaluation of MNAREGA for Ministry of Rural Development, GoI.
- Urban Sector Feedback for Metropolitan Planning Committee for Ministry of Urban Development, GoI at IIPA New Delhi.
- Evaluations of Two Plan Schemes of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, GoI.
- Evaluation And Impact Assessment of Plan Schemes for Promotion of Hindi Language for Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI.
- Concurrent Evaluation of Targeted Public Distribution System in Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Orissa and West Bengal at IIPA New Delhi.
- Programme on Trade and Environment at IIPA, New Delhi.
- Concurrent Evaluation of Swarna Jayanti Shahri Rojgar Yojana at IIPA, New Delhi
- 2011 Planning Development for Metropolitan Region. New Delhi: Indian Institute of Public Administration
- 2005 Manual on Clean communities: A Comprehensive Guide to Effective Solid Waste Management. New Delhi: Toxics Link.
Articles in Books
- 2007 Bringing Consumer Voice into Power Sector Reform in Rajasthan: The CUTS-FES Model in Engaging with Citizens to Improve Services. (Abridged version). New Delhi: Water and Sanitation Programme.
- 2003 Impact of E-governance on Public Administration in Contemporary Debates in Public Administration, Edited by Alka Dhameja. New Delhi: PHI. ISBN 81-203-2403-X
- Singh, Amita (2005) (ed.) Administrative Reforms: Towards Sustainable Practices. New Delhi: Sage Publications in January 2006 issue of Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research (Vol. 65, p. 80), New Delhi.
- Course Unit writer for IGNOU
- Reviewer for course material for distance learning on Public Administration of Jamia Millia Islamia University