Pawan Kumar Taneja: Assistant Professor of Operations Research
Phone Number : 011-23468327(O); +91-9818210463(M)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications : Ph.D., M.Com, MBA, PGDStat
- Virtual Leadership Development Program course from MEASURE Evaluation, msh (Management Science for Health) funded by USAID
- Certificate Course in Health Systems from the Centre for Communication Program-- Global Health E-learning Centre, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Certificate course in Health Economics: awarded by U.S. National Library of Medicine & NIH’s National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
Awards & Honours
- Best paper Award in South Asian Management Forum –2004, A Conference of SAARC Nations in Lahore, Pakistan
- Founder Editor, PCTE Journal of Business Management (2004-2006)
- Founder Editor, PCTE Journal of Computer Sciences (2004-2006)
- Associate Editor Sage Open Journal (from Year 2012)
- Associate Editor Journal of Business Ethics (from Year 2012)
Areas of Interest/Specialization
- Operations Research in Public Administration, Performance Measurement and Evaluation, Public Finance, Public Health, Health Economics, Health care Financing, Corporate Social Responsibility and Performance.
- More than 14 years of work experience. Prior to joining IIPA, I worked for nearly five years with IIHMR, Delhi - an affiliate of Indian Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur, and more than 6 years in leading B-schools like IIMT, Gurgaon, an affiliate of Oxford Brookes University, UK; Punjab College of Technical Education etc. I have also worked as Assistant Chartered Accountant and conducted statutory audit of leading business houses for more than 3 years and worked on consultancy assignments funded by DFID, WHO, UNICEF etc.
Selected Research Projects
- Assessment of Vulnerability, Impact and Adaptation for Climate Sensitive Diseases at the Local Level in India funded by World Health Organisation-South-east Asia Regional Office
- Rapid Assessment of the Utilization of Converted Dry Latrines in Badaun District of Uttar Pradesh funded by UNICEF, India
- Operations Research: Testing and Validating the Urban Health Initiatives’ key strategies In Uttar Pradesh India, for Urban Health Initiative supported by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Health seeking behavior among slum people for Plan-International
- Evaluation of the ORS-ZINC Project in Lalitpur District of Uttar Pradesh for HLFPPT funded by UNICEF, India
- Landscaping Analysis for Misoprostol and Other Uterotonics for PPH Management for Population Service International supported by Gynuity Health Projects
- Compliance Assessment Survey of “The Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products Act- 2003” (COTPA) in Jodhpur, Kota & Udaipur Districts of Rajasthan
- Buniyaad: Mid Term Evaluation for AGA Khan Foundation supported by DIFD
- The Impact of the Delhi Metro as a Built Environment Intervention on Non-communicable Diseases in Shahdara, Delhi supported by WHO-KOBE office.
- Kang, K.N.S. (ed.) and Taneja P. K. (ed.) (2005), “Business Groups in Punjab” New Century Publication, India
- Taneja, P. K.(ed.) Singh P.P. (ed.) and Sharma S. (ed.) (2005), “Modern Business Environment”, Deep & Deep Publication, India
- Kang K.N.S (ed.), Taneja, P. K. (ed.) and Bansal G. (ed.), (2006)“Dynamic Management in Global Economy”, New Century Publication, India
Selected Research Papers in Journals
- Taneja P.K. and Sihare, H., (2012), “Inherited Adverse Selection in Micro Health Insurance Scheme Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna: A Boon or Bane for Sustainability” Management Vistas, 5(1), pp 53-56, ISSN 0974-682X.
- Taneja P.K. and Sihare, H. (2011), " Pros & cons of micro health insurance to eradicate health problems in the Below Poverty Line (BPL) population: empirical evidence from India", Italian Journal of Public Health, Vol. 8, PP. 359-374.
- Taneja, S.S., Taneja, P.K., Gupta, R.K., (2011), “Researches in Corporate Social Responsibility: A Review of Shifting Focus, Paradigms and Methodologies”, Journal of Business Ethics (Springer Publication), Vol.101, pp.343-361.
- Sihare, H., Taneja P.K., Sihare, M. (2010), “Rashtriya Swashthaya Bima Yojana (RSBY): A Public-Private Partnership Micro Health Insurance Model for No. 1 UN Millennium Development Goal” The Heinz Journal: Policy, Process, Practice, Vol. 8(1) available at http://journal.heinz.cmu.edu/Article.aspx?ID=45
- Sihare, H., Taneja P.K., Sihare, M. (2010), "Changing behavior of poor in micro health insurance: Moral hazard or moral opportunity? Evidences from India" The International Journal of Medicine, Vol. 3 (2), PP. 357-365.
- Taneja, P.K. and Singh P.P. (2006) “Intricacies in Introduction of T+1 Settlement System”, PCTE Journal of Business Management , Vol. 3 Issue 1, PP. 25-36
- Taneja, P. K. and Singh P.P. (2005) “Non-Performing Assets in Indian Banks & its Management: A Case study of Regional Rural Banks”, Gyan Management: An International Bi-annual Referred Journal of Management & Technology, Vol. 1 Issue 1 (Jan-June 2005), PP. 9-24.
- Taneja, P. K. and Dutta, K. (2008), “Booming Pharmaceutical Retail in India: An Insight”, Journal of IMS Group, (listed in Cabell's Management Directory, USA), Vol. 4, No. 2
- Bansal G. and Taneja, P. K. (2007), “Usefulness of Business Newspapers among Management Students: A Case Study of Punjab”, International Journal of IMS Group, Vol. 4 No. 2, pp.
- Bansal G. and Taneja, P. K. (2005), “Life Insurance Advertisements on Television: A Study on Quality of Illustrations”, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol. 35 No. 8, August, 2005
Research Papers in Edited Books
- Khan, A., Metri, B.A., Rai, S. K., Taneja, P. K. (2011), “Marketing Centric Resource Utilization, Performance Benchmarking and Strategic Homogeneity of Indian Investment Service Firms” in Metri, B.A & Sahay, B.S. (eds.), “Managing Global Services: Emerging Trends, Excel Publications, India, Chapter 27, pp. 369-392.
- Taneja, P. K. and Saggar, S. (2007), “Reforming regional rural banks: issues and options”, in Kaundal R.K. (Ed.), “Economic Reforms and the Indian Economy” Mahamaya Publication, New Delhi
- Saggar S. and Taneja P. K. (2008), “Indian Women’s Attitude towards Portrayal of Women in Advertisement of Products used by Men in Globalization Era”, in Batavia, B. Nandakumar, P, and Wague (eds.), Crossing Borders: Global Perspectives and Emerging Agenda, North Waterloo Academic Press, Ontario, Canada, Chapter 14, pp. pp. 207-216
- Taneja P. K. (2005), Reforming Micro Financial Institutions: Lessons from BAAC Thailand, in Shukla B., Prashar S. (2005); Management Case Studies; Amity University Press, India
- Taneja P.K. and Sharma S. (2006), “Capital Market Reforms: A Case Study of Grievances & Awareness of Retail Investors in Stock Market”, Emerging Securities Market - Challenges and Prospects Vol. II - Investors’ Protection – Researchers’ Perspective Edited by Panduranga Rao V, Narayana Rao K V S S, and Sahoo M S, ICFAI Books, Hyderabad , 2006
- Taneja, P. K. (2008), “Agriculture Income Tax: A Blame Game” in Gupta R. K. (ed.) and Sinha P.K. (ed.), “Financial Administration in India: Changing Contours and Emerging Challenges” Deep & Deep Publications, New Delhi
- Taneja, P.K. and Saggar, S. (2005), “Technical efficiency of Regional Rural Banks after Banking Sector Reforms, Economic Reforms in India: A Sectoral Analysis” in Uppal, R.K. (ed.) “Economic Reforms in India: A Sectoral Analysis; New Delhi, New Century
- Taneja, P.K. (2005) “Tax Incentives and Planning in Stock Market:, in. Vashisht A.K (ed.) and Gupta R.K. (ed.), Investment Management and Stock Market, Deep and Deep Publication, New Delhi