Pradip Kumar Parida: Assistant Professor
Phone Number : +91-11-23468381(O), +91-9868651675(M),
Email : email@example.com
Qualifications : MA (CPS/JNU), M.
Phil.( JNU), Ph. D. (JNU)
- Attended a two week course on Research Methodology at Ambedkar University, Delhi.
- Attended a two week course on Research Methodology at IIPA, New Delhi.
- Attended the DOT at IIPA, New Delhi.
Awards & Honours
- NET & SRF from Government of India for Ph. D. at JNU.
- MCM from JNU at MA
- National Scholarship from Government of India at College level.
Areas of Interest/Specialization
- Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Institutions, Community Based Disaster Management (CBDM), Governance and Institutions, Human Rights & Policing
- People’s Participation in Development Process, Globalization, Governance & Welfare, Micro-Models of Development in Developing Countries
- Asst. Professor at IIPA, New Delhi, from July 2011, till date.
- Executive Director (ED) of All India Institute of Local Self Government (AIILSG), a premier research & training institute on Urban Governance, from 1st February 2011 till 10th July 2011.
- Consulting Researcher cum Advisor at Institute of Rural Management, Anand, (IRMA), Gujarat, in the rank of Asst. Professor, 2009-2011.
- Lecturer at Nirma University , Ahmedabad, 2008-09.
- Senior Research Officer (SRO) at National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), Govt. of India, New Delhi, May - Nov. 2007.
- Faculty member at Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur (One of the leading National Law School), 2006-07.
- Consultant with Programme Evaluation Organization (PEO) Division, Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi, 2006.
- Research Officer in the National Commission for Religious & Linguistic Minorities, (NCRLM), and Government of India, 2005-06.
- Research Associate in the “Centre for Public Policy & Governance” (CPPG). This centre was opened by Planning Commission in collaboration with Ford Foundation, 2003-2005.
- Research Associate at IIPA in 2002.
Selected Research Projects
- Assessment of the Redressal Grievances Mechanism of Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Government of India, New Delhi.
- Assessement of Effectiveness of the Investor’s Awareness programmes undertaken by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs under the aegis of IEPF, Government of India.
- Chapter on “Activity Mapping of Panchayats” in ‘Status of Panchayats in India”, published by IRMA, Anand, 2010.
- Chapter on “Challenges to Urban Governance Today”, in “Cities in 2020: Challenges & Opportunities”, published by AIILSG, Mumbai, 2011.
- Chapter on “The Grass without Roots- PRIs in Gujarat” in the edited book titled as “Integrated Rural Development”, published by Swami Vivekananda University, Kolkata, 2011.
- Chapter on “Community Preparedness to face the impact of Disaster on Livelihood & Development: Issues, Challenges & Policy Dimension”, book published by HIPA, Shimla, 2012.
- “De- Mystifying the Myths and Interrogating the facts: Right to Education in the Present Context”, in the Volume on “Primary Education in India”, CSD, New Delhi, December, 2012.
- “Interrogating Right to Education in the Context of Human Rights: Problems & Prospects”, published in Indian Journal of Adult Education, New Delhi,Vol.74, Issue no.2,April-June, 2013.
- “De-mystifying the role of State in the Era of Globalization” in the Journal “Administrative Development”, Vol. (2), July-Dec.2012, ISSN-2319-2976.
- “Market Economy and Rural Consumers in India: Analysing the Institutional Support for them” in the Journal “Society Today”, Kolkata, March, 2013. ISSN-2319-3328.
- “Bureaucracy as Change Agent or Obstacle to Development: Experience from Kerela”, in the Quarterly Journal of Administrative Behaviour and Administrative Culture, Institute of Policy Research and Analysis (IPRA).
Association with Committees: (appointed by Government)
- Member of Consultative Committee on framing guidelines for CBDM by National Disaster Management Authority, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Member of Consultative Committee member of ‘Social Watch India’ on the theme “Governance, Panchayats, Minorities Development” etc.
- Member of Indian Political Science Association (IPSA)
- Member of Indian Political Economy Association (IPEA)
- Member of Indian Adult Education Association
- Attended more than 30 national and 10 international Conferences and presented papers in several of them.