Indian Institute of public Administration (IIPA) is privileged to pay its heartfelt tribute to our Father of Nation on his 150th Birth Anniversary in 2019, by installing a bust statue within premises of the Main Campus. The uniqueness of this initiative is the statute designed and crafted by Padmshree & Padma Bhushan Ram V Sutar. Shri Ram Sutar works with ease and mastery in bronze. He has mastery in realistic sculptures and has been recognized by various countries and Artists from all over the world. His Sculpture of Mahatma Gandhi has been installed in two fifty different countries. His bust of Mahatma Gandhi has been highly appreciated and has been selected for installation in many foreign countries. The statue was unveiled by Padma Bhushan Sri Triloki Nath Chaturvedi on 1st July 2019 in the gracious presence of dignitaries and faculty/officers of IIPA.
IIPA in the past has organised a series of seminars, workshops and lecture series on life and times of Mahatma Gandhi in addition to research projects. The vision of apostle of peace are universal and are relevant for people of all ages, civilisation and geographies. Gandhi and Gandhism is more relevant today than in 1869 when Gandhi was born, or in 1919 when he entered in political arena, or in 1948 when he took the final journey with Hey Ram. Gandhi is not a person who walked and blessed India as the father figure but Gandhism has inspired millions of thought leaders and billions of minds with his eternal values of – Ahinsa – Non-Violence and Satyagrah – adherence to truth.
IIPA has prepared a series of programmes to observe and spread the message of Gandhi throughout the year 2019.
Inspiring Gandhi Quotes
• Be the change that you want to see in the world.
• A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.
• I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
• Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
• Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
• The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.
• An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words.
• A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
• Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
• Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
• Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.
• If you want real peace in the world, start with children.
• The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
• In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
• Hate the sin, love the sinner.
• Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
• An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.
• The future depends on what you do today.
• To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
• Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
• Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
• You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them.
• I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
• You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty
Chairman IIPA thanking the Creator of Bust Padma Bhushan Ram V Sutar
Chairman IIPA garlanding statute of Mahatma